pulsefmonline.com Forum Index pulsefmonline.com
Daniel Snook... by hook or by crook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daniel's bad check case takes center stage in court tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pulsefmonline.com Forum Index -> Daniel Snook... by hook or by crook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LindaNorton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Daniel's bad check case takes center stage in court tomorrow Reply with quote

I just heard from the victim assistance coordinator for the State of Maryland. Daniel has LOTS of cases scheduled for tomorrow, including a big case for a bad check that he wrote. So, the case they were planning to hear, and for which I was subpoenaed, has been delayed until further notice.
LindaNorton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Daniel's lawyer was granted a continuance in the case Reply with quote

Hi, I just got back from my visit to Maryland to watch the proceedings in Circuit Court today. Daniel's lawyer requested and was granted a continuance. Apparently on June 2nd, the Judge directed that Dr. Emmett Burke should evaluate Daniel. The lawyer apparently also had Daniel see 2 psychiatrists (at least one of whom claim that Daniel has a delusional disorder and has put Daniel on medication), plus a social worker and a psychologist. Because these 4 or 5 mental health professionals disagree on the diagnosis, the lawyer requested a continuance (delay) in the case until he could get all of the mental health professionals into court to have some agreement on what's wrong with Daniel. (Of course, I believe I KNOW what's wrong with Daniel, and it has NOTHING to do with mental health.) Obviously this is a ploy to delay things and totally muddy the water.

The lawyer said that he has requested a NCR, which apparently means "Not Criminally Responsible", and is basically a way of claiming that Daniel is not responsible because he didn't know he was hurting anybody. Here's what I found about the NCR defense in the state of Maryland: http://www.psy.jhu.edu/~raifman/documents/Lecture%20slides/Procedural%20Issues.doc.

Also, Daniel's lawyer mentioned that there was not enough time for counsel to prepare for "trial." That means that Daniel is definitely requesting a trial by jury, instead of having his case heard by a judge.

An interesting aside -- Daniel was putting on one heck of a show today. He was fine (normal Daniel) until his case was called... then he never looked at anybody -- the judge, his lawyer, or anyone else, acted totally disoriented and whacked. What a con artist!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pulsefmonline.com Forum Index -> Daniel Snook... by hook or by crook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: